From the report on blended learning:
"VOISE, faculty and staff have found that online courses stimulate learning in the following ways:
- Students are more engaged because of the multimedia content, interactivity, and frequent feedback.T
- The active nature of learning stimulates feelings of ownership and empowerment in students.
- Mastery-based curriculum ensures that students are learning as they progress through a course.
- Online curriculum allows greater flexibility for different learning styles.
- Rapid, unbiased feedback allows teachers to intervene as soon as students begin struggling with a concept"
The results show that these students are moving ahead of other students in Chicago schools. It is amazing to me as I travel around that more and more people are concluding that blended learning is the future and it will be in every school very soon.