Thursday, March 25, 2010

Free TFA

I was spending my morning doing a little research on our teaching and leadership master's degrees programs and I became even more convinced they will lead to increased student achievement. During my research I came accross TFA's new site based on their recently released book, Teaching as Leadership. This is an incredible resource for new teachers. They have put all their content online and free to help all new teachers succeed.

It is very well organized, incredibly practical and easy to follow. Basically, every new teacher could use these resources to help them through the rough patches in that first and second year.

I applaud Teach for America - they now have over a decade of observations and experience to continually update what works for their new teachers and they provide it to everyone so that more students and teachers will succeed. Take a look - it will be well worth your time!