- Teachers are sacrificing their summer to bring increased rigor to their classrooms
- Teachers with over a decade of experience are going 'back to school' to improve
- Common core state standards ARE a state initiated curriculum
- Common core is allowing teachers to go deeper into subjects
- Students will better understand the content and make key connections with the topics they have learned
- This is a movement towards depth of material!
- In summary - common core is a laser focus on important content that is connected and builds in cognitive and instructional rigor across grade levels
Tuesday, July 9, 2013
State Initiated Curriculum = Common Core
Phenomenal article out of Macon today entitled Midstate teachers gear up for state-initiated curriculum which talks about the NMSI Common Core Teacher Training that really speaks to what this means for teachers and students.